Top Fascinating Facts about Ostriches
1. The flightless ostriches would be the biggest bird on the planet. They’ve a span between 2-2.7 meters and weigh around 160 kg. Ostriches Reside in savannas and desert lands of Central and Southern Africa.
2. Ostriches can also be called’camel birds’ since they could withstand high temperature and may live for a protracted period with no water.
3. smooth and soft feather of mature male ostriches come in dark color, and their tail is white. Contrary to the male ostriches, the feminine has a greyish-brown feather. The throat of ostriches is bare and long.
4. With strong legs that are long, ostriches can attain up to some maximum rate of 43 mph. Every single two-toed foot of ostriches has very sharp claws. Their legs are hardy enough to kill an individual with one kick. Ostriches utilized their legs as a main weapon to guard against the prospective predators such as lion, leopards, cheetahs, and hyenas.
5. Ostriches reside in tiny herds that include 10-12 members.
6. In 15 cm long, Ostriches lays the largest eggs in the entire world.
7. Ostriches are omnivorous, and they feed on leaves, seeds, roots, lizards, insects, and snakes. Additionally they swallow pebbles and tiny rocks to grind up the food from the gut.